Help Our Military Heroes (HOMH) has already awarded grants for, and presented adapted minivans, vans, and SUV’s to 8 deserving Veterans in need in 2022. They have 7 recently approved candidates who will be receiving their grants and vehicles in the next two months, and many others in our application/approval process.
“Here’s a little color on some of them to give you an idea of who we are currently working with, and who we will most likely be helping in the coming months. We are optimistic some would be ideal recipients of funds from your $20k grant from February, as well as perhaps your $3.5k grant.” – Ted & Laurie Hollander, Co-Founders
The following are in HOMH’s pipeline:
- An approved US Army Vietnam Veteran suffering from MS due to the effects of Agent Orange who lives in the Tampa, FL area. He will be receiving our maximum pre-9/11 $10k grant in late July to be used towards the purchase of his lift entry Suburban SUV. The Semper Fi Fund will also be providing a grant for him of unknown size.
- An approved post 9/11 US Army Veteran who was paralyzed in a motorcycle accident while on active duty in Italy. He also lives in the Tampa area, and is getting a Suburban similar to the Vietnam Veteran listed above, also hopefully in July.
- An approved post 9/11 US Army Veteran, bilateral amputee thanks to an IED blast in Afghanistan in 2009. He is also in the Tampa area (many of these veterans are seen at the James Haley VA Hospital there) getting a ramp entry Chrysler Pacifica sometime between the end of June and early July.
- An approved US Army pre-9/11 Veteran suffering from MS determined to be service-connected from his years of active duty (he separated in 1990). He lives in the Baltimore area, and should take delivery of his ramp-entry Toyota Sienna in the next 2-3 weeks.
- An Approved US Army Veteran in California injured in a motorcycle accident while stationed in Hawaii; he is a vent-dependent quadriplegic. He is shopping for his vehicle now, and should receive it at the end of June/beginning of July.
- An approved US Marine, currently active duty, who lost an arm and a leg in a suicide bomb blast in 2021 in Afghanistan. He is undergoing rehab and therapy at Walter Reed, and should get his new vehicle in July-August.
- A post 9/11 US Army Veteran paralyzed from a series of strokes deemed service connected, he lives in Georgia and is in the middle of our application process. He would be a $10-25k grant, and may also qualify for a grant from another non-profit. He will end up with zero out of pocket cost regardless.
- A Post 9/11 US Army Veteran suffering from MS deemed service connected. He will also have zero out of pocket cost.
- A Desert Storm US Army Veteran wheelchair bound due to various heart conditions deemed service connected and related to heart issues that developed while on active duty. He lives in Arizona, is in the application/approval process and would be a $10,000 maximum pre-9/11 grant. He will be getting a grant from the Semper Fi Fund as well of unknown size.
- A US Army Veteran amputee wounded in Afghanistan when he stepped ion an IED. He lives in Jupiter Florida, is in the application/approval process, and would be a $20-$40k grant to get him to zero out of pocket expense.
- A US army Veteran , post 9/11, wounded in a friendly fire incident that left him a paraplegic. He lives in Tampa and is in the application process, he would be a $10-$25k grant to get him to zero out of pocket expense.
- A US Army Veteran in Austin , TX wounded in Iraq in 2010 and paralyzed from the waist down. Working on his paperwork for his VA benefits that were inexplicably denied to him, before he completes our application process. He would also be a $10-$25k grant to get to a zero out of pocket expense.
- 11 other Veterans in the initial phase of our application process.
To learn more abut Help Our Military Heroes, click HERE.